Friday 22 August 2008

Rainbow Lady Challenge #27 - Transport & Di Hickman Sketch August #3

Ho Daddy Surf's Up or whatever dude! The theme this week from Rainbow Lady's Challenge Blog is "Transport" and I haven't joined in with a sketch from Di Hickman for ages but this one was just too good not to do - thanks Di it's a cracker!

I don't do black and white too often but I like the effect of this. The papers are from the Dovecraft Charcoal 6x6 paper pack and the fabby VW "surfer's" van is an Anita's stamp with the sentiment masked off. The sentiment is a straight one from Whispers but I masked off the words individually to stamp it into the circle. Ribbons and gems from my stash. Thanks for looking.

13 comments:

Rainbow Lady said...

This is a different one Lynn and I just love the black and white effect. Love that bus too.
Thanks for playing
Love Cynthia x

Lavender Rose said...

Very effective, love this card, very striking, beautifully made and a fab layout!

Annie said...

hey, cool man! great card Lynn and very striking in the black and white - I want a VW camper van, a real one! annie x

Sew This N That said...

what an adorable card, Lynn :) I love your black and white theme, hubby says the image reminds him of his dads hippy days lol.
Have a great weekend
**Hugs** Heather x

Sammie said...

How hip! I love the van and think the retro feel is reinforced by the black and white monochrome theme. Fab card!
SammieJay

debby4000 said...

Oh this is brilliant, love the black/white and the camper van.

Deb said...

fabulous card Lynn, I don't often think to do black and white but it always looks stunning!

Natalie said...

This is great, love the B&W, great image and layout too. x

Dawn said...

Wow this is wonderful - lovin' that stamp

Jennifer said...

Awesome card....and I'm loving' that stamp. (Thanks for your kind comment about my take on this sketch!).

MichelleO said...

Oh man this one is rad dude! Is that the right lingo? I really do love this card, very fresh and fun!
HUGS
MichelleO

RubyMay said...

Great card...and I LOVE the camper van !

Spot-On said...

Love it! Great take on the sketch! Love the black and white too, strange cos you must have been channeling my recent black and white 'thing', lol! TFS!